Using Your Evergreen Library Card
- You can use your new card at any Evergreen Indiana library
- Cards must be issued from your local library.
- You must have your library card to check out materials.
- Lost cards can be replaced for $2.
- Your card is blocked if you have 15 or more items overdue or $10 or more in late fees.
Library materials circulate for 1 or 3 weeks. DVDs circulate for 1 week. All other materials circulate for 3 weeks.
Items that Circulate for 21 DAYS:
- Books for all ages
- Audiobooks for all ages
- Music CDs
- CD ROMs
Items that Circulate for 7 DAYS:
Items that do not check out:
- Latest issue of magazines
- Adult and children reference materials
- Indiana and Genealogy materials
- You may check out up to 100 items at one time. This includes up to 10 DVDs and 10 VHS videos.
- For example, if you check out 75 items at our library, you may check out 25 item from other Evergreen libraries.
- After items are checked in by library staff, you may check out additional items.
- Items may be renewed one time unless another patron has a hold on the item. You can renew materials via our website, by calling us at (812) 265-2744 or when you visit your library.
- Items have a 1 day grace period.
- Fines are 25 cents per day on all items beginning the second day.
- The maximum fee per item is $10 except for paperbacks and magazines which have a $1 maximum fee.
- Late fees are paid at the billing library.
- Lost items will each cost $5 plus the cost of the original item. There are no refunds for lost items.
- Extremely overdue library items may not be renewed unless materials are brought to the library and the fine is paid.
- Books on reserve cannot be renewed due to the high demand for these items.