The Board of Trustees of the Jefferson County Public Library makes available the Conference Room and the Auditorium of the Madison library to support library programs and functions and for the use of organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, civic or charitable activities. A library program will take precedence over room use for other organizations.
The library provides meeting areas on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of groups requesting their use.
– Meetings must be open to the public at no charge
– Non-profits groups may use the facility once per month. A limited series of daily or weekly meetings may be schedule at the the discretion of the Director
– Businesses may use the facility once per year, if the program has an educational focus.
– Groups using the library facilites for meetings may have access to the room one-half hour after opening. Set up of the room for morning meetings, if required, may be done between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m. Meetings must conclude one-half hour before the library closes.
– Set up of furniture and audio-visual equipment is the responsibility of the group hosting the meeting, not library personnel.
– If a presenter needs to use audiovisual equipment belonging to the library, s/he should reserve them two days in advance. If s/he needs help with the equipment, that learning should be scheduled well in advance of the meeting.
– Reservations may be made six months in advance.
– The library’s Room Use Agreement must be signed and on file at the library at least two business days prior to the meeting. Similarly, cancellations by either the group building the reservation or the Library itself should be communicated at least two business days prior to the scheduled meeting.
– Products or services may not be advertised or sold except in support of the library or as part of a library program.
– No personal or family events are scheduled in the library’s meeting rooms.
– No social events are scheduled in the library’s meeting rooms except those hosted by the Library Board, Library committees and Friends of the Library.
– Names of participants may not be collected for creating mailing lists or sales contracts.
– No group meetings will be held at the library at times when the library is closed.
– Candles or other open flames are strictly prohibited inside the library.
– Use of tobacco is not permitted in the library.
– No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed in the Library building or on Library property
– Children under the age of 8 not involved in the meeting must be under the direct supervision of another adult caregiver over the age of 12. Library employees are not responsible for childcare during meetings.
Use of the meeting rooms does not imply sponsorship, endorsement, support, or co-sponsorship by the Jefferson County Public Library of the program or the group producing the program. Organizations should not imply that the event is sponsored, co-sponsored, or endorsed by the library an any advertising or publicity.
A Room Use Agreement form must be completed and returned to the library no later than two business days before the program’s date. The use of the room is not considered finalized without a confirmation call or email from the director or assistant director.
Equipment needed should be included on the form. If a meeting or program must be cancelled, the library should be notified at least two business days prior to the meeting or at the earliest time possible if the emergency has caused the cancellation.
The Auditorium can host 80 people with chairs, or 50 people with tables and chairs. The Conference Room on the second floor is accessible by stairs or elevator and holds up to 20 people. Attendance should not exceed those numbers.
Groups using the meeting rooms are responsible for set-up for their meetings, returning furniture and equipment to its original locations and leaving rooms clean and in good condition. No items will be nailed, taped, tacked, or otherwise attached to the walls or any items placed in the rooms without the consent of the Director or Assistant Director.
Food may be served at meetings, with the understanding that the library has NO kitchen facilities available for food preparation or cleanup.
Business related materials, such as business cards and brochures may be displayed as part of a program, but the collection of names, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses for any reason is unacceptable.
Door prizes and attendance gifts may be available, but will either be distributed to every person in attendance or be distributed by “luck of the draw” through tickets bearing a number (not name) identification.
Names may not be used in door prize distribution.
A library staff member may attend the meeting to monitor its content.
To request a room reservation, please contact us at 812-265-2744.